The S/5000e represents a return to one of Threshold’s most well-regarded traditional values: prodigious power at an affordable price.
The S/5000e is the heir to Threshold’s legacy of high-current designs that effortlessly command and control demanding loudspeaker loads, delivering the power needed for full revelation of dynamic contrasts and bass extension.
But power is only part of the S/5000e story. The amplifier employs minimal feedback, attesting to its inherent stability and excellent open-loop performance, and is direct coupled input to output, with no capacitors in the signal path. Like all Threshold amplifiers, it utilizes close-tolerance metal film resistors, and matched JFETs. The result is superb open and airy resolution of low-level detail — the subtle shadings that differentiate musical performances.
The ability of the S/5000e to reproduce transient attack, and to explicate complex musical passages, confirms its heritage — flowing not only from the famous Threshold designs of the past, but from today’s remarkable flagship power amplifier, the STASIS 8.0.
The highly affordable S/5000e brings Threshold’s acclaimed designs within easy reach — it’s state-of-the-art that takes into account the state of your budget.
- High-current output stage easily drives low-impedance reactive loudspeaker loads
- Low-noise solid state design
- All-discrete components
- Accurate, detailed reproduction
- No transistor glare
- Direct coupled input to output for tight extended bass
- High-speed design resolves complex musical passages
- Balanced inputs provide high common-mode rejection for lower noise
- Premium components such as military-spec precision resistors, computer-grade capacitors, military-grade glass-epoxy circuit boards, massive custom toroidal power transformer
- Isolated power reserves for voltage and current gain stages
- Separate power supply sections for left and right channels
- Gold-plated RCA jacks
- Swiss-made XLR connectors
- Cardas gold-plated binding posts
- Traditional Threshold rugged chassis construction
- Intelligent 12V DC Trigger for remote startup
- High reliability
- Soft-start turn-on
- Modular construction
- Rack-mountable design
- Attractive polished silver anodized aluminum front panel complements the Threshold STASIS-R Stereo Control Preamplifiers
- Handcrafted in the USA
Dimensions and Weight
- Nominal Power Output (20Hz–20kHz)
- 250 Watts per channel at 8 Ohms
- 400 Watts per channel at 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: DC- 50kHz
- Distortion: 0.05% at 1kHz, at rated output power
- Voltage Gain: 28 dB
- Input Impedance: 22k ohm (RCA), 600 ohm (XLR)
- Input Sensitivity: 1.80V RMS for full power output
- 19'' W x 7'' H x 10.75'' D
- 48.25 cm W x 17.8 cm H x 27.3 cm D
- Shipping Weight: 44 lbs., 17 kg
- Net Weight: 38 lbs., 20 kg
View S/e Series Literature (PDF Format)